Sunday 20 May 2012

Happy hooking

So my addiction to crochet continues. I find It clears my mind and channels my rumination into something productive.

My little project yesterday was creating some gloves for a friend.

It must have been the easiest pattern I have discovered. So though lt I would share it with other crochet lovers.

Modern fingerless gloves

Chain 30 for long gloves 18 for short.

Row 1: dc into second chain and dc in each chain until the end. One chain and turn.

Rows 2-?
Dc in back of each stitch until the end of row, chain 1 and turn. Easy as that !

Keep going until you can wrap it around your hand .

Creating your gloves

Match up the edges and use a wool needle to sew first 5 stitches together.. Sew one side only for 3-4 stitches depending on how big your thumb is. This will create a hole.
Continue sewing both sides together until the end of the length. Fasten off.

Decoration

Use a different colour to work into the bottom of your glove to create a cuff. I did two rows of dc to create a cuff.

That's it!!!! You just have to do it all over again to create the second glove.

They make a fantastic gift and are great fun. You can also add little flowers etc to decorate





No comments:

Post a Comment